Why an Orthodontist Clarksville TN? Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist.
Our doctors have spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth, as have all orthodontists. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the necessary treatment plan for you. Not every dentist is qualified to be an orthodontist, even though every orthodontist starts as a dentist. Our doctors, like all orthodontists, continued their education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification.
Why does it matter if you see your Orthodontist Clarksville TN?
Dentists receive basic orthodontic training so they can perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who don't need to see an orthodontist yet. Specialists, on the other hand, receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic issues.
Seeing a specialist like a Clarksville orthodontist may change your braces experience by:
- Providing more treatment options, with a variety of braces or therapies to choose from
- Having personal experience treating multiple cases that are similar to your unique concerns and anatomical characteristics.
- More efficient treatment and visits, because it's the office's main focus.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have worse than usual bite discrepancies that need to be dealt with
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
While you may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work done by your dentist, convenience shouldn't be a barrier to seeing a specialist. You will only be stopping by our orthodontic offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! About Faces and Braces is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Clarksville area.